Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, is anyone running the new FRPP 347 with the Z heads yet? I am thinking about ordering this to be installed before spring. Currently it is this, the DSS 331 or a Coast High 347.

Tom

·
Senior Charter Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Tom, I have it in my new car. I am at the go cart stage and have only had it around the block slowly so cannot really comment much on it yet. I will update as soon as I can get it out on the road and open it up. Sound nasty though.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nels, did you run into any issues with it? Was the timing roughly set? Balancer ready to go? Any unexpecteds?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,018 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with these but would trust FMS to have put it together right more so than the others.

·
1,123 Posts
Do the COAST 347. You will love it. Coast will build you an excellent motor and it can be pesonalize to your taste. FMS you get what everyone else gets. Both a good but I love my CHP 347. I used the CHP 347 kit for my build. I want to do it myself to a point.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have one on order for my build. I don't think you can beat the HP per cubic dollar ratio on this engine and Ford now offers a 12 mo./12,000 mile warranty on their crate engines.

The bad news is that I have an expected shipping date of March 30. Oh, well, maybe it will be warmer in the garage by then and the snow and salt will be gone from the roads. I should be go-carting by Tax Day.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Tom, no problems at all. They run the engine for about 20 minutes before shipping. It has a card that shows total timing, temperature of engine and oil PSI at idle from when they ran the engine. With all the great parts you get I can't imagine a better value. I looked at Coast and many others but when I got back to everything you get including a sportsman block I could not pass it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts