Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recognize this photo and what build thread it came from?

I am running my reservoir lines and deciding whether to follow this pic or go thru the block off plate pointed out with the red arrow. I am concerned if I follow the pic is bleeding the lines if they dip that low and then come back up to the inlets at the back of the M/C's - THoughts?

Also does anyone know what the right fitting is for the back inlet for the Wilwood remote 3/4 M/C? it is a 7/16 - 20 thread )according to the wilwood website) but is it a standard double flare at the bottom of the inlet? I was going to call wilwood tomorrow to see if they can point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I can't answer any technical questions but the picture is of Scoopy from the Casey family build thread. Hopefully Mike will pop down to his computer tonight or tomorrow morning to answer any questions. I would assume he'd know the answers.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't answer any technical questions but the picture is of Scoopy from the Casey family build thread. Hopefully Mike will pop down to his computer tonight or tomorrow morning to answer any questions. I would assume he'd know the answers.
Now that is funny b/c I use your thread as on of the builds I try to follow, I can believe i did not realize that was your build. Mike can just PM or call me - he should have my number from before in one of the previous PMs

Snoopy looks awesome!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
sorry about the delay. Been really busy with work. I used hydraulic adapters. That port is a SAE straight thread or also called a boss thread. -4 or also know as 1/4 would be the size. I also used 1/4 lines for them with 1/4 female JIC threads. So on the master i used male jic to male boss. Part numbers used at a hydraulic shop would be 6400-04-04 for the straight and 6801-04-04 if you want a 90deg. If you have troubles finding them, i can just send you some. I could make you some hoses too, but thats a bit trickier as they need to be perfect and thats hard to do without being in front of it. Unfortunately mine are too burried with the body on to measure real good, but there are ways.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
also, we did not have any problems bleeding with this setup. I was worried about it when i planned on doing it, but it turns out that it was fine. Also if you look around just about everyone needs to have a dip in the hoses. As long as that reservoir is above the master it will push fluid in there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also, we did not have any problems bleeding with this setup. I was worried about it when i planned on doing it, but it turns out that it was fine. Also if you look around just about everyone needs to have a dip in the hoses. As long as that reservoir is above the master it will push fluid in there.
Mike - do u have a pic of what the finished lines look like on top of the pedal box meaning a good shot of the lines to the M/C's - THanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.