Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff keep your tights on, i am asking about a build off contest i heard about on american hotrod. the painter charlie on the show said he was offered a job from Foose to paint a car for the riddler. cannot find any thing about it on web searches

·
Senior Charter Member
1,520 Posts
It is an award given out at one of the custom car shows in Detroit, I beleive Autorama. Rides had an episode on it last year, and a guy from a small town near Chicago won it. I beleive that it is among the top awards in the Hot Rod industry, and there are strict qualifications on the cars that are entered and the judging is pretty intense. I seem to remember that it has to be the first show that a car is in or something like that.

Tom

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts

·
Over Engineerer
2,921 Posts
You couldn't find any web info because you misspelled it. Check here:Don Ridler Memorial Award

The cars that compete for this award are high dollar pieces of art. Most are built by pro shops for a rich owner (or a group of owners), but a few are still being built by amatures. The street rod world has advanced so far, that these cars bear almost no relation to hot rods - they are built for show. They're fun to look at, but they've bastardized the hobby. The cars will never see a drag strip, and most won't even be driven on the street for the first year or two!

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
Jeff keep your tights on,
Dang jammin, I already had them half way off :( ...Oh well, maybe next time ;)

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
Dang jammin, I already had them half way off
Am I the only one that thought it just a little bit weird that Batman takes his pants (tights) off when he hears mention of the Riddler?

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Originally posted by NAGA:
I figured it was because he soiled them. :D

Both Cesar Romaro and Nicholson are pretty scary.
d
Sorry, but I believe you are talking about the Joker:

Cesar Romero:

or Jack Nicholson:

Which Riddler are you referring to:

Frank Gorshin (Which I believe was the best Riddler)

John Astin (better in the Adams Family)

or Jim Carrey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts