Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one has just became available that this person want's to get rid of. he has had for ten years and never started the project, claimes its all there. (just something i'd think about after I finish my MK111) chas

·
Super Moderator
29,396 Posts
Longer (4") and wider (8") than an FFR. Not very good looking.

·
Junior Charter Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what I thought, just wanted to find out more. I looked into them years ago, was looking at the 34 coupe, after what I have been hearing I think i'm glad I didn't buy it. thanks chas

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I am working on one for someone now. As mentioned the dimensions are longer and wider. The easiest place to spot the length difference in the front egde of the doors. The front suspension is either a Mustang II type (which makes ride height adjustments almost impossible) or the optional Mustang II based Coil Over which consists or a shock and a Tapered Barrel coil spring...IMO still not great. The rear suspension arrangment is a triangulated 4 link similar to an FFR with a coil over shock arrangemnet...which the top mounts I am relocating. The original location is too far forward, and the actual mount is less than desirable. The body incorporates a Fiberglass floor and firewall. As with any "Old" kit you have to be extra careful. Unless you have a list of what was supposed to come with the kit and a packing list to compare it to you really dont know what is there. You will also need a list of exactly what parts are to be supplied by the builder.If the original instructions are not there you may have no support as many compaines are no longer in business. BTW CMC is now Classic Roadsters II. The instruction manual for the two CMC's I have been involved with are typical for many kits that were made in the past...not clear, not complete, and far from what FFR is offering. The old CMC assembly manuals IMO are a joke...maybe 30 page with a couple of sketches...not too much to work with...not to get too far off topic, but this why I sometimes LOL when I here complaints about the FFR manual. Many that are complaining dont have any REAL baseline for most kit car companies offer for a assembly manual. FFR is the exception not the rule. Regarding the CMC I would simply advise against it.

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Originally posted by Smitty:
BTW CMC is now Classic Roadsters II.
Nope.....Totally different cars/companies. Classic Roadsters II is the evolution of Classic Roadsters (purchased by Don Scott) and is located in MN. CMC evolved into StreetBeasts and is still in FL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts