Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pinion snubber is due this weekend, and I need to have installed for the following week's Snakes to the Lakes run. If anyone has a picture of their install, I would appreciate seeing it.
thx,

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,575 Posts
Get a hold of Millenium Al, he took some of his while it was on my rack last week. Funny thing, I did all the work while he watched! :confused:

·
FFCobra Craftsman
949 Posts
Ken you have mail...

An to keep the record straight weener wouldn't let me help 'cause he figured I'd try and re-engineer stuff.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it Al, thanks a bunch.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Hi guys
Forgive me ignorance.......what is a pinion snubber.
TEC

·
FFCobra Craftsman
949 Posts
On live axle setups during hard compression the frame and/or wheels can slam into wheels or rearend housing. To controll it Ford installed a hard rubber bumper(snubber) above the rearend. The problem with it is it's a fixed height. The unit from Mac is telescopic therefore height adjustable.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
738 Posts
Al,
Can you post the pictures of it, or email them to me so that I may post them? I think quite a few people (including me) would like to see the setup.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
949 Posts
Fang...I'm at work and the pic is on my home computer. I'll try and remember this weekend. I sent one to Ken maybe he can post it.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Al
Thanks for the explanation. You mention the unit from "Mac". Hoe do I get one?
Thanks
TEC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.