Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Finally starting!!!
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried emailing them with no reply, and so I figured I'd try here.

I'm interested in their front braided line kit, for $65, but was wondering if anyone knew the length of the hose?

Also, I want the rear flex line that goes from one line to a Tee fitting, for $45, but again, I would like to know the length of the line.

Also, anyone have any good/bad comments about them?

Thanks

·
3,798 Posts
I have used both the front and rear hose. My roadster is 109 miles from here so I can't go out and measure the length. I also bought their SS line kit and everything works great.

·
Master
545 Posts
Call them... I heard their email account was hit with 10,000+ spam emails.

I also have all of their brake lines them and like them alot.

Troy

·
FFCobra Craftsman
838 Posts
The Tri-States braided hoses are not DOT approved. I used the Tri-State hoses in the rear, but tossed the fronts. They fronts are pretty long, about 19"

You can get Russel braided hoses from Summit that are DOT approved. AN-3, I used the 15".
Hose

Tony

·
Finally starting!!!
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tony, by NOT being DOT approved does that mean they are more likely to fail or anything like that? I mean if they are of the same quality, how would one get in trouble for NON-DOT approved brake lines, like how would they be able to tell?

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Originally posted by BAM614:
I've tried emailing them with no reply
That should really tell you all you need to know.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
838 Posts
Originally posted by BAM614:
... by NOT being DOT approved does that mean they are more likely to fail or anything like that? I mean if they are of the same quality, how would one get in trouble for NON-DOT approved brake lines, like how would they be able to tell...
I can't answer if one is more likely to fail than another. I also can't tell you if the Tri-States are better or worse than others. I can tell you when I looked at mine I decided not to use them.

The DOT approval process is basically a flex test. From flexing and over time, the lines are subject to breakage right where the braided line meets the crimp. In theory, with periodic inspections and maintenance, you would catch any problems with a frayed or kinked line before it failed.

Dot approval at least means the manufacturer understands the dynamics involved and is trying to meet some minimum standard. IIRC, you also have to take the manufacturer's word that they passed the testing process or are compliant with the standard, the feds do not actually test them.

Tony

·
Finally starting!!!
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'll just buy 3 of the russell lines on summit's site. But what are banjo bolts?

Also, how long of lines do you guys recommend, for the front both sides and for a center, single line to the rear axle?

lastly, what do I use to connect the brake lines to the caliper?

thanks

·
FFCobra Craftsman
838 Posts
All the parts are available separately. Here is a few pages I had saved from when I did mine, not sure if yours will be the same...

Adapters
Brake fittings

Tony

·
Finally starting!!!
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
does anyone know where I can get one of those flex lines that goes from female on one end to male on the other end?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.