Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
6,332 Posts
No pics yet since I'm not finished, but they seem to fit the car good and they are very comfortable. I have mine mounted on the Breeze brackets and they feel great. Everybody that sits in the car gets a satisfied smile. Also they do sit just below the body so no disruptions with the body lines.
Frank

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
I've got them and I love 'em. I can comfortably drive for hours in these seats. I have a MK-1 and had to move the parking brake a few inches forward. I also had to dimple the transmission tunnel to keep the seats square to the car while maintaining them centered on the shoulder harness penetration from the trunk. Weendoggy pioneered the way and gave me some pointers for installation. Neither mod turned out to be too big a deal.

Rick Williams

·
Senior Charter Member
1,151 Posts
I sat in Weendoggy's car at DVSF III and knew that these seats were a must, I installed them in February. First 10,000 miles in the stock seats was not bad at all except for long days in the car, the factory seats caught Me just below the shoulder blades and could get a little uncomfortable at times, the Cobra Classics are tall enough to be a lot more pleasant for Me yet stay below the body for the look I prefer. Hip support and more padding at the front go a long way to make them more comfortable for Me. You can recover half the cost by selling Your old seats for $200 too. Tom

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I too sat in Glen's (Weendoggy) car at the DVSFIII and ordered the seats the next week. I only have a few miles on the car, but they are very comfortable. Mounting was a minor hassle, but nothing terrible. You can go to Weendoggy's build site and see how he mounted his.

P.S. Thanks Glen and Ms. Weendoggy for the tip on the seats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.