Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of trying to find someone to do the bodywork and paint on my Mark II roadster. I had an opportunity to visit with the guys at Gess Motorsport, who happen to be close to where I live. I was satisfied with what I saw at their shop and comfortable working with them because they seem to be good people and true enthusiasts. They provided me with references, but I thought it would be a good idea hit the forum for additional references. Any info would be greatly appreciated. If you would prefer not to post a reply, feel free to send me an email.

·
Cobra Poor
688 Posts
Where at in NW Indiana do you live? I will be starting my Mark III build in Crown Point in November.
Kevin

[ August 25, 2004, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: krhayden ]

·
Charter Member
333 Posts
They are the only shop in the area that even want to be bothered with the FFR body work and they do a fantastic job. Most shops dont want the bother of all the seams on the FFR bodies. Call around and you will see what I mean. They will be doing my body when I get to that point. The only problem is that they have a waiting list so you should make up your mind soon. They are also reasonably priced and you don't have to ship your body across the country - which is an additional expense.
Bill Rodman

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill,

I appreciate the response.

they do a fantastic job.
Have you seen any vehicles in person other than their roadster? I'm assuming you saw theirs, which did look good. I'm trying to find folks who have either had their car done by them, or that have seen somone elses car done by them, other than just pictures. Again, I appreciate your response and I'm not doubting your word, I just wanted to clarify what your statement was based on. Thanks.

Ray

·
Senior Charter Member
1,521 Posts
When I was searching, I did see a car in their shop that was near completion. It looked pretty darned good to me! I went to another paint shop because GESS had a backlog at the time that my car was ready for color. I beleive I paid the price in the end, as I did not get some of the niceties that Gess offers, and ended up waiting just as long to get my car done. I highly recommend their shop from what I saw.

BTW, Kurt, if you are listening, some of the WCCC boys were interested in a possible get together at your shop. Any interest? Maybe Aurelio's Pizza one Thursday night and then taking to the streets to see the other cars? I think Daryl was going to talk to you about this as well.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.