Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Anyone fit the new footbox protection and trunk hoop to an older kit ?

526 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  vince ffr3209 
#1 ·
I talked to Jesper today about my IRS rod ends and he mentioned that some of the new chassis upgrades were available for retrofit to earlier kits. Has anyone done this ? I have a powder coated frame so I'm wondering if there is a good bolt-on solution so I don't have to grind the frame up. The foot wells will be smaller still I guess, does anyone have any experience with this ?
Am I the only one who thinks protecting his legs is a good idea? :eek:

#7 ·
Bent this hoop for a friend that had his frame powder coated. All bent by hand by sticking it in the dash 2X3 hole and bending a bit at a time. Stuffed cloths in the hole to protect the hoop from marring. Used the aluminum piece as a guide for the proper arc. Welded the drilled tabs onto the hoop and then POR 15'd it.

Take care,

#10 ·
what is the NEW footbox protection? this is the first i have heard of it. i ordered my car when they announced the price increase in the fall of last year. wish i would have waited, the old style car is actually gonna cost more for the upgrades to bring it up to the mark2 design, not to mention the better seats. but this is typical for me, dollar short and a day late.lol. vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.