Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read 435 posts in the modular engine section but did not find anything about adding a Kenny Bell 2.1 to my 4.6L DHOC 4v 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII with B-type heads. Everything I have seen on the internet was with C-type heads.
Absolutely ZERO help from Kenny Bell as I sent 4 emails and left 2 phone messages. They are not returning calls.
Since everything is stock on my 4.6L, I'm only going for the 6lbs boost... just to get a little more pep to my 300hp which shows its weakness in 3rd.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a 1.9 KB supercharger on my 99 Mustang Cobra 4.6 4V.
KB sold these as a kit about 2002-3. I have heard they have no remaining kits or parts.
The kits were set up for 9#s of boost and advertised whp at 460-465. Most of the kit owners I knew, made about 445-450 whp.
The kits were well designed, complete and had no major issues.
An associate of mine put a 2.1 on a 2V 4.6. I think running close to 15#s of boost.
I do not know if parts are available to piece one from available parts.
A ProCharger might be easier, but a different tq curve.
good luck,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1.9 KB supercharger on my 99 Mustang Cobra 4.6 4V.
KB sold these as a kit about 2002-3. I have heard they have no remaining kits or parts.
The kits were set up for 9#s of boost and advertised whp at 460-465. Most of the kit owners I knew, made about 445-450 whp.
The kits were well designed, complete and had no major issues.
An associate of mine put a 2.1 on a 2V 4.6. I think running close to 15#s of boost.
I do not know if parts are available to piece one from available parts.
A ProCharger might be easier, but a different tq curve.
good luck,
I noticed all the pic's on the internet with a KB 2.1 installed on the 4.6, 4v have the sparkplug wires on the outside (C-Heads??? single exhaust port) where I have coil packs, see pic attached (B-Heads with split exhaust ports). I just don't know if the KB 2.1 will have the split exhaust ports.
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Split exhaust ports?

·
Master of my Build
2,040 Posts
Check out “svtpermormance.com” lots of forums showing mods for your engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts