Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for one of these (1980-85)and would like some info/comments...

Thx
NFS

·
15,282 Posts
Never owned any kind of a motorhome. But I will throw this in. I have a lot of experience with public school districts, and they ALL love the Blue Bird buses. Apparently they are incredibly dependable, very easy to maintain and service, etc. That's just what I hear from the mechanics that keep fleets of hundreds of these things running, so I think you've picked a good base. Now, find someone that has something better-outfitted than a yellow dog.

Cheers, John

·
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard nothing but good things about the Blue Birds.

·
18,090 Posts
I've owned a couple of Class-A rigs. I can't say a lot bad about the Bluebird chassis - it's one of the better ones and I believe it is one of the only ones that was built to withstand a rollover.
One thing you have to be aware of though - These are just as heavy as over the road trucks and you're not going to just repair the brakes on your own, or change a tire etc. If you want to do any of your own maintenance - it will be limited to washing it, changing oil (all 17 quarts of it) and filters..

Unless your requirement is to have a big rig like this - I would seiously consider a Class-C.

Much easier to drive, park, work on, insure, etc..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts