Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Charter Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a picture of an installed ignition switch. My harness doesn't allow enough slack to be installed the way (I think) the book describes. I'm also looking for a headlight and hazard swith if anyone has one available. Thanks,
Shawn

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Shawn,

I have a donor ignition, hazard and headlight switch available if you want it.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Shawn,

The switch typically mounts to the left of the steering wheel on the mount under the dash.

The switches are yours for the asking, send me your e-mail and I'll send them to you.

Another option is to use an aftermarket switch. It makes for a cleaner install and it is not hard at all.
In my dash clean-up project, here are all the switchs that were eliminated in favor of a toggles, Russ's VW turnsignal and the mustang ignition.
If you are interested I'm sure the wiring diagrams are posted here, but if not I kept good notes.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
843 Posts
Shawn,
NAPA has a generic ignition switch for $14 that mounts by cutting a round hole in the dash and is secured with a nut. Very clean and easy. Once again not to be chicken little but the stock Mustang ignition switches have been known to overheat and fail. For $14 it is very much worth it.

Just my $.02
Chris

·
Befuddled
560 Posts
Sort of OT, but I'm having a hard time finding a decent 2-position keyed ignition switch. I want to use the Honda start button, so the keyed switch just needs to be off/on. Lots of 3-position off/on/start switches around, I just can't seem to find any strong 2-position keyed switches. Anyone know where to find 'em?

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
ddimick-

I bought my on/off keyed switch from Painless Wiring. I, too, have the Honda start button.

-Keith

[ June 05, 2002, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
ddimick-

Painless part # 80529. On/Off keyed ignition

-Keith

[ June 05, 2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Doug-

I called Painless just to make sure. The 80529 (keyed on/off) is just a two position switch. It is designed to be used with their engine start button (part # 80528), or in our case, the Honda S2000 start button.

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, but am still waiting to receive it.

-Keith

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Shawn,

They are in the mail. No need to reimburse, just promise to do the same for someone else someday.

Ken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts