Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a frustrating day today, at least this morning.

I am putting in a Heidt's valve for my power steering. I need 3 fittings to complete. Get up early, go to Mopac and pick up the fittings (I'm from North Van; Mopac's in Langley). While I'm out there go to Princess Auto and buy a new jack. Great, got everything I need, get home; one of the fittings is -8 in a -6 package - SH&*! Okay, calm down Lordco's not too far; phone them - computer shows 3 in stock; I'll be there. Get there, computer is wrong - [email protected]@##$%. Okay, calm down; I will use a slightly different fitting they have. Get home, start to piece it together - the fitting is missing a ferule that should be in the box [email protected]@#[email protected] Okay, can anybody help me with anger management issues? Fortunately, I dug around in some AN fittings I had not used - found what I needed.

Put it together, hot damn it works, 1 small leak, tighten the fitting, BINGO!

Next, I am going to finish bleeding the bleeding brakes. I redid my brakes the last few weeks - Line lock and proportioning valve ..... I tried several times this week with no luck to bleed them - there is freakin air that I can't get out. Fussing about this, turn to the #1 source - the forum .... There is my answer right in front of me. I put the front colipers on the wrong sides :eek: swap calipers; bleed brakes - awesome.

So all in all .... a pretty good day. oh, I also managed to undercoat the go-kart portion of the rear wheel wells.

Jack works terrific - much better than the old one.

Greg

·
Senior Charter Member
1,413 Posts
That never happened to me Greg, well, OK a few times.
I have more spare parts from buying the wrong fittings or incorrect pieces I could probably build another car :blink:
You could make that thing a lot simpler by losing the power steering and power brakes ya know. These are man cars, not some fluffy, nambi pambi pussy mobile. Cripes, what's next, a heater?
I consider my manual steering and push hard brakes an aerobic workout, saves treadmill time:D
Dean

·
Junior Charter Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ROFLMAO :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.