Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Verona, VA and I'm wondering if there is anybody within a reasonable driving distance with a hardtop for their FFR. I'd like to trial fit it to my race car to see if it would be feasible to run a hardtop. Since I built the cage so that the front hoop matches the shape of the standard windshield, it just might work. But the only way to know is to try one, and I really don't want to spend the money just to find out it won't work out. Actually, if anyone might be coming to one of the east coast spec races, I could meet up there as well.

Before any of you spec guys get all excited...I'm not planning to run as a spec racer if I add a hardtop. We might switch classes with the current car, or build another one to run in NASA's SU1 class. The Superformance guys run full windshields with hardtops, which can be a big aero advantage for them. I'm just exploring the options right now.

Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
We have two comming in at Whitby Motorcars in a few weeks. I don't know how close you are to us but we should have one at the auto fair in Charlotte next month.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Gary,
Our APE Products hardtop should work for you including our full side windows. I quess there are about 10-12 of them within ~200 miles of you.

I hope they browse this forum and step up. If not email me and I will attempt to get you hooked up. I can read my email (but not reply as my ISP checks the IP address and refuses connections to the SMTP server.)

Best regards,

·
Administrator
8,070 Posts
Yeah bud.... maybe turn your current car into the SU car since its already kinda different than the current spec cars.

Install a carbed 392 or 408.. or a high winding 331 and kick some SU butt!! 400hp will be just about right.

Take it to run and gun.. Dude youll rock the place :D

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.