Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I think I need some help. I've been chasing a sticking starter all weekend. Shims don't effect anything. No matter where I shim it it still sticks for about two seconds after the engine starts and the key springs back after starting. It doesn't stick when I jump the selonoid. I tried getting a better ground so I ran a pigtail from the body of the selonoid to the chassis. Still sticks. I'm starting to think its in the ignition switch but the key springs back real good when I twist he key. I dont ave a clue. I'm sure it's going to be something real easy to fix but m just stumped!!! Any tips? Thanks.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using two solenoids? One on the fire wall and one on the starter? If so, bypass the firewall mounted solenoid.

Actually I am using two. I have the one on the starter jumped so only the one on the firewall is Active. I'm going from the battery to one pole of the selonoid and the other pole directly to the stater. It's basically done the old fashion way when you want to use a ford selonoid with a Chevy starter on a Chevy V8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.