Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the mustang donor. But I not called my order in yet. Here is my problem. I'm 6'7" 275 lbs. Are there any owners that are tall and as big as me?

·
Charter Member
248 Posts

·
seasoned builder
107 Posts
6'6" 220 lbs with a 40" inseam. I bolted the stock seats to the floor as far back as possible.I fit with no problems once you do some peddle mods. I work on alot of MG's Jags,Porche, Austins etc and they are a lot tighter fitting than my Cobra. I hate dragging my body out of an MGB, it's a real pain.
Rick

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am 6'2" and fit fine, but those few extra inches make a big difference. How long your legs are will make a big difference. I have a friend who is 6'10 and can't fit in my car. Best thing to do is find someone close to you and try sitting in it.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Originally posted by WindyCityRacer:
I have the mustang donor. But I not called my order in yet. Here is my problem. I'm 6'7" 275 lbs. Are there any owners that are tall and as big as me?
Nope, you're the biggest in history..
Welcome to the madness!

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I'm 6'5", 205 with a 34" inseam. I have the standard Cobra seats on the floor all the way back and have the Wilwood pedal assembly which is supposed to give more leg room but I don't know that first hand.

I plan on trying the Kirkey low back seats which are supposed to add legroom and help my eyes stay below the windshield frame which is an minor issue but I still love driving it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am 6'2" and have the tilton pedals. They make a HUGE difference over the stock mustang brake setup. I can't imagine being that tall and enjoying the ride.

·
Junior Charter Member
614 Posts
6'7" 320lbs, currently building mine. Using Kirkey seat bolted to the floor, willwood pedals, raising the sterring column.

I sat in some of the cars Mark Dourghety set up at FFR and fit fine.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,074 Posts
I just "look tall" standing next to my roadster(5'6) :D My best friend is 6'6" & has hard time sitting even in pass. side in a Mk1 w/stock seats--Mk3 maybe more room inside? If there is a will,there is a way ;) Good luck

Butch

·
4,342 Posts
6'-5", 220 here. Same as others. Raised 14"steering wheel, WIlwood pedals. FFMetals Footbox, Kirkeys mounted to the floor as far back as possible. I think one of your challenges will be getting in and out. A removable steering wheel would probably be a good idea.

·
Charter Member
186 Posts
6'-5", 205 made my own foot box mods. Using the stock low back seats but might chage to another seat after I get it on the road. The steering wheel will be removeable. Raised steering a couple of inches.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts