Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any SOHC 4.6L builders out there? I know there are DOHC'ers out there and alot of their information applies to our modness. I do appreciate the help.

But I would like to know how the SOHC'ers builds are going. Particularly the MKIII kits!

Thanks,

Mark P.

·
15,282 Posts
Yes. Read my build site. MKIII, 2000GT SOHC donor.

There is almost no difference from the DOHC build. Some differences from the SVT-donor build, but even then a LOT of Sergio's info is helpful to all modular builders.

Cheers, John

·
2,990 Posts
Mark:

I am using a 1999 GT SOHC engine 54K. I am going bone stock. The only other thing I was looking into besides the valve covers was trying to do something with the routing of the wires and the vacuum lines inside of some convoluted tubing to make the top of the engine a little prettier. Here is a vendor that has some nice unions for the tubing. I think you can get this stuff from Summit.

http://www.taylorvertex.com/hp/BulkConvolutedTubingAndAssortments.aspx

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Mark I am also building an MKIII with a 99GT SOHC engine 16k.

I have tons of upgrades though, aftermarket engine management system, IRS, MSD ignition, 19 inch wheels, ported SOHC heads with custom cam, team bread valve covers

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Mark,
as you know I'm building "SuperCobra" (2003 Cobra engine DOHC, supercharged) and also have a 2003 Mustang GT donor (auto) that I'm planning on using to build a Spyder when I'm done (if ever) with my current build.

Keeping the AOD tranny for the Spyder along with the 4.6 SOHC (probably I'll do a few mods like Bullit intake or a Rousch or Saleen Supercharger or even a Kenne Bell huffer) is in the plans.

Just jumping in the MOD bandwagon....

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.