Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to join and get the 12 free CDs. Thought someone could use the freebies.

·
4.6 Terminator Trailblazer
1,743 Posts
I was a member once of the other major one, I can't remember what it was called tough. They were good, and much better than columbia because their deal was to buy one within a year and get 12 whereas the columbia deal was like buy 3 or 6 in 3 years and get 12, something like that. Good luck, and be sure to read the fine print!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
FWIW, I was a member of Columbia back in the days of vinyl. Overall, it was cheaper than buying in the store, but it got to be a hassle because they send that flyer out every 25 days and if you don't respond (at the cost of a stamp) they send you the record that they're pushing that month. Then you have to send it back and fight with them to credit your account. Once I decided to quit, they kept sending stuff begging to get me back. Later, I rejoined Columbia as well as BMG when I got my CD player back in '87. They were a little better, but still nagged a lot. My advice: It's a good way to build a collection of CDs fast IF you like what they're offering in the catalog and IF you're diligent about sending the response cards back (assuming they still do that).

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
I was a member of the CD club and 3 time member of the DVD club. Unfortunately, it was like being in the mob. Once you join, it seemed like the only way of leaving was via death. Getting a customer service rep to cancel you was nearly impossible. I just finished my obligation with them and quit them all. To be honest it was not worth the headache and besides; Now you can buy CD's and DVD's for a song at places like Sam's club and others. It is not the bargain that it used to be IMHO.

HTH,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts