Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I'm not the only guy who cooks all of second gear sideways down the street or does figure 8's in rural intersections.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Uhhhh.....

·
3,760 Posts
Um, no offense Tripp, but...I think it's a hoot that you posted this question 10 minutes after posting a complaint about paying $4,800 for insurance as a 23-year-old... :eek:

AJ

·
Premium Member
11,744 Posts
He he... I guess there is a reason for that high insurance bill
Not dogging ya, just having a good chuckle.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Here's one:

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
Echoing what other have said. Many of the problems we are facing today regarding obtaining insurance for Cobras is directly related to the claims over the past 3-4 years.

Many people build these cars with absolutely no knowledge or realization of the power. They have no idea that driving a 90 inch wheelbase car is totally different than their Camry or Subaru.

I feel there is a good analogy with the guy whose german shepard dies and he goes out and gets a large pit bull terrier. He doesn't realize the power and capability of the dog. He treats it and raises is like his shepard, like growling at people, etc, and when the pit bull takes the arm of the kid next door he's really sorry.

Owning a Cobra is a responsibility, like owning a pit bull terrier.
Roscoe

·
1,573 Posts
I just had DeJaVoo, I think.

Tripp I wish you luck, with the insurance and the telephone poles.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think florida has been cleaned of all poles, trees ect. You should be safe to go crazy! ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wasn't there just a thread about "Whats wrong with kids these days?"

td

·
Registered
193 Posts
You won't know what you got, till it's gone. I got that kind of cr** out of my system years ago.

·
Super Moderator
29,374 Posts
trippcobra wrote:

I know that I'm not the only guy who cooks all of second gear sideways down the street or does figure 8's in rural intersections.
Yes you are.

2FAST

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Originally posted by 2FAST4U:
trippcobra wrote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I know that I'm not the only guy who cooks all of second gear sideways down the street or does figure 8's in rural intersections.
Yes you are.

2FAST
</font>[/QUOTE]What about that other guy that use to go crazy in his car.... oh yea he's DEAD!

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
Yes, be sure to drive your 300HP+, 2 seater, with big fat tires, racing stripes, no muffler, marginal steering and brakes in a safe, conservative manner. :rolleyes:

Nobody here has EVER driven hard with one of these sleds. Nope, we just putter along to the Bingo hall every Saturday. Yah, right, gimme a break.

How bout we give the guy a break for showing a little exuberance?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
CJ,
Of course we've all driven our cars hard. But you know as well as the rest of us that there is a difference between spirited driving and plain reckless.

Not to beat up on tripp, but when a 23 year old complaining about insurance asks about doing burnouts on public streets and figure 8s in rural intersections, that's really asking for it. I can assure you it would not be a good scene if someone started doing figure 8s in the rural intersection where my family and I live.

Steve

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Wowsers! I never knew that a bunch of gear heads would respond like this. I would be uptight if some jerk drove like that around a neighborhood. Rural may mean different things to different people, but I don't see a problem with poluting some cow pastures with burnt rubber and smoke. (cow pastures being the ONLY thing next to said rural roads.) It is very funny that he is the one complaining about high insurance rates...

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,293 Posts
Roscoe
I see you've bought into the"Pit" myth.
No breed is innately vicious,but can be trained that way.
My shepherd/pit dogs are entirely too energetic and happy.They are well socialized,friendly,and intelligent.
However,when I put protection training into my 90lb male,he will HAPPILY put a BIG hurt on you.
Positive reinforcement vs pain avoidance.
My last dog,Adolph,was 165lb rottweiler,full K9 training,a perfect gentleman,clown,and best buddy.
On command,or not,IF he thought I was threatened,you're shredded.
I find it interesting that you compare a shepherd to a pit.
Shepherds are protection dogs,they have been used as search and rescue,guard,attack,security,
and "crawl under that tank,we're going to blow you up".
Sorry for the hijack...dog person!

·
Senior Charter Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been racing carts, dirtbikes, and even stock cars on a tri-oval dirt track for years. The fun i have in my car(second gear burnouts and doughnuts etc.) is only done in safe places. I know how to drive. in a straight line or sideways, and for whoever was questioning whether or not i knew anything about my car would very suprised with my knowledge of cars, building and their history. My first car that i ever had was 69 mach one which i restored with my bare hands when i was 15. i mowed about every yard in the county to pay for it but had a restored 400+hp beast to show off. my parents both drive honda's, I think it all got started when i got my first remote controlled car or racing video game or something.

·
16,719 Posts
Hijack continues...

I see you've bought into the"Pit" myth.
No breed is innately vicious,but can be trained that way.
My shepherd/pit dogs are entirely too energetic and happy.They are well socialized,friendly,and intelligent.
However,when I put protection training into my 90lb male,he will HAPPILY put a BIG hurt on you.
Positive reinforcement vs pain avoidance.
My last dog,Adolph,was 165lb rottweiler,full K9 training,a perfect gentleman,clown,and best buddy.
On command,or not,IF he thought I was threatened,you're shredded.
I find it interesting that you compare a shepherd to a pit.
Shepherds are protection dogs,they have been used as search and rescue,guard,attack,security,
and "crawl under that tank,we're going to blow you up".
Sorry for the hijack...dog person!
Sooooo...Lets take your entirely too happy, energetic, freindly, dogs and train them to put a world of hurt on someone.

On command,or not,IF he thought I was threatened,you're shredded
Hopefully you tell people not to shake your hand or to give you a hug or anything when your dog is around....

And you say to Roscoe that he has bought into the PIT myth? Gee I wonder where he got that from?

Holy crap dude...Just by some of the comments above, (ie positive reinforcement vs pain avoidance), there is no way you should even own a dog. And if your out to get your dog to happily hurt someone, you need some professional help Dude!

And what the hell is this...?

"crawl under that tank,we're going to blow you up".
WTF?
And you call yourself a Dog person? :rolleyes:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts