Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Roadster out and as I stopped I saw this nut come out from underneath the car. I didn’t think much of it until I saw the yellow paint on it as I marked all the bolts as I tightened them. It looks like about a 3/4-20 ? Jacked the car up removed the wheels and all the suspension bolts and nut are still there. Where else would a nut that size be used on the car?

Attachments

·
Junior Charter Member
193 Posts
With the attached washer it looks like an old style Ford axle nut from an IRS rear but too small.

Krusty

·
Well Used Member
220 Posts
Motor mount to frame?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just confirmed it’s 5/8-18 I checked the suspension twice, motor mounts to frame, trans mount. Just can’t think of any other place that would use a bolt that big. Starting to think isn’t off my car and someone else used a yellow paint marker to and I just hit it in the road ?? I will go over and mark each bolt again

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,115 Posts
5/8 is frame mounting bolts for the front UCAs and most of the 3 link or 4 link rear suspension.

·
Cross Menber
62 Posts
I am with CraigS.
The 3 link on my Coupe lost a nut in the past. when I dug into it, it was a nylock, and the bolt was just barely too short for the nut to lock onto the bolt.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,852 Posts
5/8 is frame mounting bolts for the front UCAs and most of the 3 link or 4 link rear suspension.
That is what I was thinking. Also make sure that the UCA pivot nuts are there. Mine look a little different than that, but there have been a few different versions.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Came to the conclusion it wasn’t off my car as I went over the suspension 3 times. What’s the odds I hit a nut in the road that someone painted with yellow paint as I did ?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it was from my car and I was lucky. I decided to take the car out Thursday night as it started I heard a thunk under the hood and the motor sounded different. Upon inspection my gilmer belt came off, no big deal well as I tried to put the belt on the alternator pulley the pulley came off in my hand. I put 200 miles on the car after the nut came off , that would be one big pulley to come off at highway speeds. Pulley is trash but the alternator shaft looks good and is still round .668” dia.

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
I have the greatest urge to take a box of left over build nuts, put a yellow paint line on them and sprinkle them up and down your street...….does that make me a bad person ...da Bat

·
Buck
288 Posts
WAG here, could it be a weld on O2 sensor nut? Sorry reread the thread, misunderstood that the nut found a home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts