Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a dilemma choosing paint for the car. The car is off getting body work done now. At first I was set on painting the car Lexus Indigo Pearl Blue but now I am rethinking the color choice. I have a photo I grabbed off the Internet which shows an awesome gunmetal grey car. (please see below) However I have no idea on a paint code. It is from a car sales site. Would anyone have a clue as to what this paint code could be or something close?

Thanks
Kevin

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=279602&stc=1&d=1483126124

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=279610&stc=1&d=1483126242

Attachments

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
No offense, but everybody looking at that picture sees a little bit of different shade of gunmetal grey. the simple reason is that every monitor and every end user adjusts theirs differently. Also, you do not know if the pictures where enhanced in photoshop to distort the color or sharpen it.\

So, unless you can track down the owner or the shop that painted it, you are in for dozens of different responses

Bill S

·
Registered
537 Posts
Maybe try doing a search online for 2015-2016 cars that come in a factory gunmetal paint. Maybe check on cargurus. Look for cars at dealerships in your area and check out the paint in person. As bill said, without contacting the car owner, there is really no way to know.

·
Registered
537 Posts

Attachments

·
Not a waxer
11,906 Posts
The profile photo looks like it has had some enhancement done which is probably altering the color (i.e. look at that pink concrete!). The rear quarter shot appears more natural and based on the amount of brown in it I wouldn't be surprised if it is the Eleanor Mustang Pepper Gray (Dupont 44490 or equivalent match). I did this one for a customer a couple of years ago. He originally was thinking that he wanted Eleanor Pepper Gray and I sprayed some samples of that along with a few more modern formulas that were in the same color range. He chose late model Ford Dark Shadow Gray (code CX). In comparison Pepper Gray has a brownish hue, is kind of dead and doesn't have the "pop" that this one does:

Good luck with your search!

Jeff

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
You have to find the color yourself, in person, with your own eyes. Either find it on a car or auto paint supply using a "fan deck" (bigger then chip books). The harder you try,,,the harder it gets. Picking a color is funny that way...da Bat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts