Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried installing the brake hose that came with my CNC reservoirs onto the npt fittings. I can get them on about 3/4 ways and that's it. I tried heating the hose in hot water, but didn't notice a difference. My thumb and fingers were sore from fighting just one hose and it's not fully seated.
Can I apply any chemicals to make it slide better? (brake fluid? soapy water?)

suggestions?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Aeroquip sells an assembly lube as does other hose manufacturers. That’s what I used.

Jack

·
Junior Charter Member
2,071 Posts
Hose and brake components lube

I tried installing the brake hose that came with my CNC reservoirs onto the npt fittings. I can get them on about 3/4 ways and that's it. I tried heating the hose in hot water, but didn't notice a difference. My thumb and fingers were sore from fighting just one hose and it's not fully seated.
Can I apply any chemicals to make it slide better? (brake fluid? soapy water?)

suggestions?
MP: Jesus, don't use soap and water. You don't want water anywhere near your brake fluid.

Try brake fluid first on the hose and nipple and if that isn't enough, try this stuff. It is compatible with brake fluid and is available at NAPA and most auto parts stores. It is great on "O" rings and things that need to be slippery when you assemble them. Use just a thin coating.

NAPA AUTO PARTS

Ron

·
Senior Charter Member
1,874 Posts
Back when I was wrenching on cars for a living we used a brake system specific assembly lube when rebuilding wheel cylinders and calipers. If its still available, that would be your best bet if the brake fluid doesn't do it for you.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
mark you will find the hoses may not be long enough too

well they were not for my wilwoods

go to SCP and change out the fittings at the bottom and install 4AN i believe that was the size i used, i then got some stainless fluid hoses make sure they work with brake fluid should be a 1/8 or 1/4" npt fitting at the bottom of the reseviors
good luck, buzz by the house i will show you my set-up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.