Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used U.S wheels on their car. They have a Nice set of Chrome with Black centers that would look good with my car. Also 4 bolt pattern. I think they are the same ones Whitby sells with their halibrand incerts. Let me know your comments.
Thanks

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
I've got them on mine. 15x8 w/ 235's on the front and 15x10 w/295's on the rear. I think they look great, and they're inexpensive also. If you stay with 4-lug, you won't be able to go any wider than 8", but that should be fine for 275's.

Let me know if you have any questions...

·
3,645 Posts
I have the same wheels. where did you get the center cap?

If someone would make a spinner, these would be all you need.....

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
I got the center caps from Summit . Part# USW-C330-P for 5 lugs, USW-C295-P for 4 lugs.

·
3,645 Posts
thanks. just what the Dr. ordered

·
Charter Member
387 Posts
Muck,

Just finished a series of e-mails with a Jason Johnson a slaes rep. at U.S. Wheels. & they have discontinued the 4 bolt pattern in the Type 94 wheels. Another great plan down the tubes! I was going to get them to use with Whitbys inserts. I still might but I now have to convert to 5 bolt.

Cheers, Mike

·
Charter Member
387 Posts
Muck,

Just finished a series of e-mails with a Jason Johnson a slaes rep. at U.S. Wheels. & they have discontinued the 4 bolt pattern in the Type 94 wheels. Another great plan down the tubes! I was going to get them to use with Whitbys inserts. I still might but I now have to convert to 5 bolt.

Cheers, Mike

·
7,097 Posts
I have em on mine..Was gonna do the Whitby insert thing but I think I really like them as is.. I went with the 8" rears and am running 275's. But as Purple Moon said, they have stopped doing the 4 lug set up!

·
Charter Member
1,777 Posts
I am torn between 15 and 17 inch rims,
does anyone know if the the 295 tires fit on teh Mark II without any modifications (for botht eh 15 and 17 inch rims?

They sure look good.

JIm

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
Originally posted by barrhavencobra:
I am torn between 15 and 17 inch rims,
does anyone know if the the 295 tires fit on teh Mark II without any modifications (for botht eh 15 and 17 inch rims?
Without ANY modifications? I would say probably not. But they will fit with very minor modifications. For both the 15" and 17" wheels, you'll want to grind off the end of the 2x3 frame tube at both sides. This has been covered in many previous posts.

Since you have the 3-link (as do I and Rick Williams), if you go with 15's, you'll probably also have to modify the passenger side 3-link bracket like we did. You can see in the following picture that the edge of the bracket is only about a quarter inch from the tire (too close). Rick's was even closer due to different backspacing.

All I had to do was cut the edge off diagonally and weld in a new piece:

If you go with 17's, you probably won't have to do this.

·
Charter Member
2,135 Posts
What is the cost of the rims? Whitby inserts? It's been to long since I looked into them....

·
Senior Charter Member
887 Posts
I am not using the 3 link either. I would be interested to know if these wheels would work for me. I think they look good with that center cap. And they are in my price range.

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
Jay, I think the front wheels were $50 each and the rears were $65 each, plus about $20 for all four center caps. You'll have to talk to Jeff at Whitby's about the inserts.

Jerry and Mike, without the 3-link you won't have to do the mod in the pictures above, but you still might have to grind away the edges of the 2x3 tube to keep the inside of the tire from rubbing on them. Don't let that scare you away. Many people have done this mod to clear larger tires and it takes about 2 minutes on each side using an angle grinder with a cut-off wheel.

Hey Jerry, we're both in Raleigh and we haven't hooked up yet. Let me know if you want to see these wheels in person and I'll swing by your house. I'd love to check out your build. In fact, if you've already done the 5-lug conversion, we could try throwing one of my wheels on your car to see how they fit with the stock rear end. Let me know...

·
3,645 Posts
I bought the caps but also found a 3 prong spinner to fit these wheels, should have them in a week or two.

will post pics when they are installed

thx

·
3,645 Posts
Please see my NEW thread on the wheel option

Cobraheat Spinner Set

Thanks
NFS

[ April 13, 2004, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Need For Speed ]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.