Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need 94 to 98 Cobra 01 Bullitt or 03-04 Mach 1 anti-moan brackets. I understand the GT brackets will not work.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Junior Charter Member
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Let me start by saying that this might not be the right answer but my problem was somewhat similar where I was trying to get the SN'95 rear axles to work with the 11.65" brakes and I found this Ford upgrade kit that included all the parts including the anti-moan brackets. The kit is a little price ($200 ish) but it included everything I needed and worked perfectly.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-2300-M/

HTH
Todd

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I used Gordon's kit to go from 95 to fox width and it did not come with anti moan brackets. I had a terrible moan, I asked Gordon about brackets and he said them moan would go away to drive some more. He was right after the 1st 20 - 25 miles it stopped and after 3500 mile I have never heard it since. So unless you have a problem that wont go away I wouldn't spend any money on brackets.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have driven a couple of hundred miles and still have the noise. I also checked the emergency brake levers on the calipers to be sure they were released all the way. So, has anyone got a line on a pair of Cobra brackets?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have driven a couple of hundred miles and still have the noise. I also checked the emergency brake levers on the calipers to be sure they were released all the way. So, has anyone got a line on a pair of Cobra brackets?
Maybe there is an armadillo stuck under there someplace?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I used Gordon's kit to go from 95 to fox width and it did not come with anti moan brackets. I had a terrible moan, I asked Gordon about brackets and he said them moan would go away to drive some more. He was right after the 1st 20 - 25 miles it stopped and after 3500 mile I have never heard it since. So unless you have a problem that wont go away I wouldn't spend any money on brackets.
Opps it was North Racing not Levy. Guess it doesn't matter, sorry yours hasn't gone away.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you. I found a pair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.