Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Add one more notch to the "let down by the FFR throttle pedal statistics board". Long story short, on our way home from a local car show, we went by my girlfriend's sister's house. One of her guests, an FFR fan, asked for a ride. We made it a half mile from the house. While slowing for a red light, I went to blip the throttle and and there was no throttle! Had enough momentum to pull off the side. Used a flashlight and discovered the throttle had broken at the weld where the pivot attaches to the small bracket that secures it tho the frame. This happened with 2392 on the car. Well at least I got to try out my roadside assistance plan. Took an hour and a half for the flat bed to arrive. Funny thing is, in the morning I had received my clutch pedal repair kit. I think FF need to look into their throttle pedals next.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
did you get the wilwood upgrade for the pedAL ASSEMBLY THAT F5R IS MAILING OUT, JUST GOT MINE YESTERDAY BUT WONT NEED IT DUE TO I HAVE HYDRAULIC CLUTCH, I HAVE ANOTHER GAS PEDAL IF YOU WANT IT, OTERWISE PUT RUSS' ON.
I HAD A SIMILAR INCIDENT WITH MY GAS PEDAL BUT MY OWN FAULT FORGOT TO MOVE MY CABLE TO ITS HOUSING I MADE WHEN I PUT THE VALVE COVERS ON SHE MELTED A 65 DOLLAR LOKAR CABLE ON THE HEADERS, I WAS ABLE TO LIMP ON DOWN HOME THOUGH

·
Not a waxer
12,092 Posts
I'm going to add this to the list of things to look at when I give "indy14" Steve's car an off season checkup this winter. Sorry about your luck Jorge but thanks for the heads up.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Sucks but thanks for sharing Jorge. I was on the fence about the Russ Thompson. I guess it's solved then! Hope you're back on the road soon...are you still thinking of selling the car?

·
master craftsman
5,596 Posts
Jorge........I told you.......not so heavy with the right foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Back in the beginning FFR had you modify the stock gas pedal because it was too long to fit in the footbox. Since they dropped the footbox 2", maybe the stock pedal would work without shortening it. The ratio would remain the same and there would be no more failures. Just a thought. Otherwise, Russ's pedal is the best option in my opinion. Its adjustable, bulletproof, can be made to look period correct with a pedal pad change and it has the right ratio. Good luck with the fix.

Mike

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
do you have a pedal stop? Looks like thats a possible cause?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well I decided to go ahead and fix my gas pedal. I took a bit of a belt and suspenders approach. I had a friend re-weld the parts using a more aggressive weld. I then used some thin mild steel I had and made a bracket to fit over the cylinder that the pedal pivots on and where the weld is. This way if the weld fails again, at least I won't be stuck on the side of the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.