Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a Mark IV with Ron Francis wiring harness and a 2015 coyote. I wired a dash switch (to cutoff the fuel pump) between the ground point and the Inertial switch. The switch works as planned allowing me to kill fuel in an emergency or prime oil without starting. I also wired in an LED (wired Neg between dash switch and Inertial switch, Pos to Accessory +) to show operation. The LED is always on. I conducted some test and it seams to be because of the relay.

Is their anything I can do to make the LED indicate ground connectivity?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
It looks like the LED should only light when the switch is closed, but maybe I'm missing something. Just out of curiosity though, did you add a relay? The inertia switch relay already in the RF panel is available and works fine. I used it and did add a switch, similar to what you show, on the ground circuit along with the inertia switch. Either will shut off the fuel pump. Personally, I'm not sure why an indicator is needed. The engine won't run with it off and you can hear the pump if the engine isn't running.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the Ron Francis relay for the inertial switch to the pump. Yes the switch works but the LED don't act like you would think, its always on.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the wiring, now the LED and the switch are connected to the + wire from the ECU and I grounded the inertial switch input. Now every time the ECU turns on the fuel pump the LED lights. I think this is a better solution.
Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts