Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Charter Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my kit a little over a week ago. It'll be ready for pickup on 2/19. It's been almost 6 years just waiting for the right time and it's finally here. Let me tell you, pretty excited and ready to get my hands dirty. Just want everyone to know that this is one great forum and look forward to everyone's help and idea's.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
Welcome to what we call the madness. Tell us a little about what your plans are for the car, donor/non-donor etc.

·
2,203 Posts
Way to go Danny! You have a couple of excellent resources in your area in Jeff Ficks, the legendary David and Mary Borden and many others. Jeff just built a beautiful 460 powered car. Lots of experience in your back yard!

Congratulations

·
Charter Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. My plans are to go non-donor. I'll be going with the 302 GT-40 crate motor/carburated with a T5 trans, 3-link rear susp and FFR Bullit wheels.

·
8,350 Posts
Welcome! You are gonna luv this!!!! I just drove ~ 150 miles today in the car to get smog exempted (a CA thing) and to pick up my reg. & plates. Though cold, it was worth it. And, soooooo cool.

·
2,203 Posts
Sergio,

I wonder how many now? I think Eats Em Whole said SRP has painted 200 in another post. I know those aren't all from CA but most of them must be. The Bat's gotta be right in there. It'd be interesting to know just how many are in the countr...uh...state.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
402 Posts
Oh ya!! Congrats.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Welcome......let me be the first to start the upgrade suggestions (this forum has loads of advice on how to spend money on the cobra) .... since you're going non-donor ..... spend a few extra bucks and go with a bored/stroked 351 .... you won't be sorry...... I've got a nicely built 302 (not even installed yet) and I am already wishing that I had gone to a 392 or 408.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Danny, there are a LOT of Cobra guys in this area. Hook up with some of us if you need help or advice on how to spend your money.

All the best,
Tag

·
Charter Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guy's. I'll definitely be looking for some advise on spending my money.

Danny

·
Registered
85 Posts
Danny, From one new guy to another---Welcome.I have been sitting on the sidelines and getting a lot of good information from this forum and thought I had better become a member and start earning my keep.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts