1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
looks fabulous ! The rear tire clearance looks a little tight - what size tires/rims do you have on and what axles width ? I'm anticipating a challenge with mine !

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks fabulous ! The rear tire clearance looks a little tight - what size tires/rims do you have on and what axles width ? I'm anticipating a challenge with mine !
So far, so good with clearance. I did the full drop butt mod on a Mark 3.1 and I'm running Levy Konis with a 1994 Cobra rear axle with Levy's 5 link rear suspension. Rims are FFR 10.5" on the rear with Kumho 315-35-17s. I haven't really gone over any hard bumps yet nor have I been over 100KPH, so I may yet have a clearance issue, but I'm hoping not.

What are you running as a combination?

Andrew

·
Registered
191 Posts
So far, so good with clearance. I did the full drop butt mod on a Mark 3.1 and I'm running Levy Konis with a 1994 Cobra rear axle with Levy's 5 link rear suspension. Rims are FFR 10.5" on the rear with Kumho 315-35-17s. I haven't really gone over any hard bumps yet nor have I been over 100KPH, so I may yet have a clearance issue, but I'm hoping not.

What are you running as a combination?

Andrew
I have the same tires and rims as you but am using a 97 cobra rear-end - I may be too wide - back-up plan is to swap out the axles for fox width but it may mean scrapping ABS which I am planning to keep.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts
The 94 and 97 diffs and the same width. They didn't change until 99.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The 94 and 97 diffs and the same width. They didn't change until 99.
I have a 95 rear from a cobra that had abs, I believe its a little wider than the early fox body. I really want to run 10 inch wheels but was told by FF5 I would have to use 9" unless I changed the axial and then the calipers would not line up. Does this seem right?

·
14,823 Posts
Here is a standard ABS 95 diff under a mark 4 with 10.5" rear FFR wheels.

·
14,823 Posts
They only rubs on really big bumps and not very much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.