Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've assembled the front suspension but think I'm off beam on the lower hookup to the FFR tubular arms.

The mounting tabs for the lower tubular mount is offset towards the front. I'm assuming this is correct based on a couple of build sites that I checked.

A previous post feedback indicated that the back lower mount starts with a 5/8" spacer, the shock's clevis and then a couple of washers at the front. That's the way it is set up now but the upper control arm is very close to the coil spring. The tight fit suggest that the lower assembly is a little off, i.e., the 5/8" spacer and the washers should be swapped front to back.

By the way, because I opted for the adjustable uppers the mounting bolts have been moved to the outside of the slotted mounts versus the manual's "attach....to the center of the slotted holes". That made the assembly interference too much.

Is part of my porblem that I haven't extended the upper arms yet, which would move the "V" junction of the arm further away from the coil which is near/touching now?

As always, your experience and input is appreciated.

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Can you post a pic of where you're talking about. Might make it easier to understand the problem you're having.
Raul

·
6,546 Posts
Originally posted by Hank J:
Is part of my porblem that I haven't extended the upper arms yet, which would move the "V" junction of the arm further away from the coil which is near/touching now?
Sounds right to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.