Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pleased to announce the birth of another FF Cobra. I just picked up my donor car yesterday-- a 1990 5.0 LX with 5-speed, non-tilt wheel, 3.08 rear end-- all in all, car is in decent condition considering the 157,000 miles. Car is all original. I'm really exited about tearing it apart- I've had the FF assembly manual for about 4 years now so I figured it was time to start down the road. I haven't ordered my kit yet- I want to get all the donor parts off, clean everything and rebuild the engine/drive train before I even think about the kit. I've been following your great forum for some time, so it's exciting to finally get in the game- wish me luck and I'll look forward to getting all my questions answered in the coming months about just what the heck I've gotten myself into!!
Randy

·
7,097 Posts
Welcome aboard! But as you've just started the Donor process, I'd say you're still in Labor rather than having born another Cobra :D :D Good luck You'll enjoy it...even when you're cussing at the donor!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess when the kit actually emerges from it's womb, then I can say it's born- You are correct, I am only in full labor now!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Congrats
It's a big step. You won't regret it. The more of the donor tear down/clean-up/paint/prep you can get done before you get your kit the smoother your build will go.
TEC

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,884 Posts
Congrats on the donor! Your doing exactly what I did, take your time and have a great time.

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Randy - I saw you registered on the CACC site. That's good! :D Come on out to some of the gatherings and meet the guys. There's a core group that meets every saturday at the Vienna Inn for breakfast (6-12 Cobras), and we typically have something going on most weekends. I think we've got over 100 members and probably 35-40 active Cobras in CACC now! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts