Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All set this morning for another car show. Diane entered the Challenger and I entered the Cobra. Unfortunately neither of us won anything. But we had a blast . I knew the Cobra would attract a lot of admirers and it did. But I was surprised as to the number of people that were interested in the Challenger.

This car show was Kids Against Cancer and all the money goes to fighting cancer in kids. The pinnacle for me today was when a mom asked me if I would start up my car for her 7 year old son who is blind and suffers from terminal brain cancer. I said absolutely.

He stood there and grinned bigger than anything you can imagine when I started it up and gave the throttle a nudge. Afterwards I asked the mom if her son would like to a sit in the car. She asked him and he said “Yes!”.

So I lifted him up and sat him in the driver’s seat. I placed his hands on the steering wheel and he made believe he was driving. There wasn’t a dry eye around the car.

Afterwards his parents thanked me and the young lad squeezed my arm in thanks. Better than any trophy.

·
Junior Charter Member
993 Posts
Awesome

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
418 Posts
every show i make it a point to let kids sit in the car , they come up losing it about using that car in their video games or its their favorite car and i put them in the car and have their parents take their pic, so we must pass this on or they will green deal them and the only way the next generation will see these cars no matter what kind it is will be in books or on the net

1 - 6 of 6 Posts