Factory Five Racing Forum banner

441 - 444 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
My thought is the trans controller is acting as a current sink which is causing the signal voltage to drop. If you can make something to limit the current it pulls that may work. I know we talked about it in my college circuits and electronics classes but being on the mechanical engineering path I didn't let that fully sink into memory.
you are right. I did put two diodes on each wire. that allow current from pedal sensor to TCM only and it worked.

put before doing this and out of sudden check engine light came on (solid) however in AEM it doesnt show any sensor errors. I sent (Trevor) a log. If you please can look at it and confirm that its not a sensor error so I can start checking wires maybe its shorted to ground somewhere.

Thanks for the Support

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #442 (Edited)
Hakeem,

I have found your problem on the MIL light. Since you wired it as I originally suggested, a blinking light would suggest an engine protection trigger, and a solid light would indicate a sensor error. Thus your suggestion that you might have a sensor error is a reasonable deduction. However, this is not the problem. Your sensors are all good. We know this because if you follow your data logs and look at your MILOutput channel, you will notice that it remains a "0" value all the way through indicating sensors are good and this is not triggering your light. See here.
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 2.39.17 PM.jpg

Your wiring is good. Don't mess with that. The problem is your LS1_Duty output table is setup wrong. Did you recently re-flash your ECU or update your firmware or something? You should have MILOutput on the X-axis and EngineProtectOut on the Y-axis (Go to your Outputs tab and find LS1_Duty table). But instead you have AirTemp as the X-Axis value and anytime the AirTemp is over 34 degrees F, it is turning your light on solid (100%). See here.
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 1.24.14 PM.png

This should be set to a value of 0 and 1 under MILOutput on the X-Axis. See here.
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 1.24.46 PM.png

So, you need to go back into your Wizard and select Output Function Assignment and select Lowside 1 Output Setup and reconfigure. Then it should work.
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 2.46.10 PM.jpg

Trevor

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks Again for the support!

well I did install infinity tuner on a new laptop and opened AEM from there. I am not sure if this is the issue or i just changed numbers by mistake dunno. I will do it tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Ok, this is why you lost the X-Axis label assignment. You did a fresh install. The latest version of Infinity Tuner software has a bug in it. I had AEM fix the bug and send me a patch file that updates one of the wizards. I sent this fix file to you a long time ago. Any time you do a new load of the software, you will need to replace the revised patch file with the existing wizard file... At least until AEM pushes out a release that actually fixes this. Otherwise you will not be able to assign the X-Axis label to MILOutput. This is why it reverted to some other label value.

I will resend you the file (email) just in case you don’t have it. You will need to copy it (and replace the current one) in the following directory. Program Files (x86)\AEM\Infinity Tuner\Plugins\AEM\Resources\

Trevor

441 - 444 of 444 Posts