Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new seats via FedEx today.

I noticed that the bottom pad of the seat looks like the rear part of your butt sits lower than the front part. Is it still recommended that you mount the front of the seat a bit higher than the rear?

With the fiberglass framed seats, recommendation was to mount the front about 1" higher than the rear. Wondering if there is a different recommendation with the newer style seats.

I currently have the Kirky lowbacks in my car. Going to try to fab up a mount so I can easily swap them back in for future track events. I really like how those minimize side-to-side movement, but they kinda suck for street comfort (and it's not getting any easier to get in & out of the car as I age).

·
Official OLD GUY
3,877 Posts
Seat Incline

Dan,

I just got my replacement MKIV steel frame seats and am wondering the same thing . . . . do I keep the "Breeze" incline mount and seat adjusters that are on my original MKII fiberglass buckets, or mount them to the seat adjusters that I have now with no incline? HMMMMM?

Guess I'll go out to the garage and try both ways and see what fits my 63 year-old FAT A$$ the best.

Good Luck with your install, take pictures so I'll know what to do . . .

Doc :beerchug:

·
Senior Charter Member
3,176 Posts
I kept the incline mounts with the new seats.

The rear of the seat is against the floor with the front mounted on the incline.

I have long legs so the idea was to lift the front of the seat to get support, but you need to play with it to be sure you don't lose leg room.

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
At 6' 2" tall. I found the new style low-backs are plenty comfortable just mounted directly to the floor.
The FFR seat adjusters do limit how far back you can mount them, as does propping up the front of the seat, as the top back of the seat contacts the rear cockpit bulkhead..
I needed all the legroom I could get, and direct mounting seemed the best way to achieve that. They still feel good, even after two hours non-stop cruising.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.