Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I bought myself a donor Mustang for my new project. That's right; after selling FFR3865 last November I'm starting a new project that can best be described as a hybrid. Heres the plan...

Capabilities required;
1) Must have equipment required for a rally style event I want to compete in, the Targa Newfoundland. (more info at www.targanewfoundland.com ).

2) Should be very capable for Autocross events

3) Must be street legal and have a windshield (removable) so I can cruise with my wife.

So I plan to build a spec racer that has a non-stock engine, 3.55 rear, heads, headers, cam all upgraded and some uprated brakes with 13" discs front and 12" rear. For seats I will start with standard seats but also have two kirkey seats for serious competition. I've yet to figure out how to have them interchangable.

The donor came with a ton of uprated parts including MSD 6AL, new water pump, new radiator, flowmaster exhaust, uprated instruments, new(ish) KYB struts and shocks, Eibach springs and more. The car has little or no rust and a nice interior, all for $1450. That should help my overall budget somewhat

Planned completion date is early 2007.

[ September 07, 2005, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: 2savage ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,238 Posts
If you need some ideas try my web page, Modified Spec. #4844, most of what you are thinking is in the car, cage might be a bit much for some - but my girl & myself have no problems w/it, Kirky Road Race Seats are more than just good even on the long runs - had planned the interchange thing myself but it wasn't worth it after some seat time in the race seats and the aggrivation involved in the swap ...... have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM !!!! Car will be in Lime Rock CT on 9/16 to run w/ CART !!!!!!!

·
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't the Breeze mounts rivet to the floor? Are you suggesting I bolt them to the floor instead?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
I was refering to the street performer mounts, they are 2 piece. 1 rivets to the floor. The other bolts to the seat. Not sure if they'll fit your seats but I think Mark can answer that for you. The seats can be removed and can be adjusted fore and aft by removing 4 knurled nuts with your fingers. Actually, you need 1 set of bases and 2 seat pieces. Breeze street performer mounts

·
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW, thanks for posting that Jerry; that's exactly what I need

I will get one Kirkey seat with the Challenge Series kit and will then buy an extra Kirkey plus two of the Sube seats from Whitby. Usially the Sube seats will be in but I will need to switch to Kirkey for serious competition.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,703 Posts
You might want to drive w/ the Kirkey's first.You may like them well enough to skip the Sube's.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
the targa new foundland...very cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts