Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha everyone!
I was wondering if any of you guys have used the Granatelli Fuel pickup with "AN" connections for the fuel pickup at the tank, and if so, could I get a few pics of how you ran your fuel lines, pump, regulator and return lines?
The black nylon lines look okay, but I want braided lines on mine. I don’t necessarily have to use the granatelli piece, I know Earl's has tube adapter fittings I can use to retain the factory fuel pump and gage sender.
Thanks again for all the great help you have provided!
Ben Smith

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
You are singing my song:

I purchased the Summit 7A kit which included braided line, fittings, regulator, pump and filter and then added a fuel pump relay from painless wiring, a few extra fittings and the granatelli pickup and voila, I have a nice looking fuel system.

HTH,

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Ben,
Are you running EFI or carb? I have a simple -6 fuel pickup for $49.95. I also have a stainless fitting that installs on 3/8th tubing without flaring the line. It's simple, cost effective and doesn't leak like some braided lines do.
Aloha,
Mike Forte

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
Sorry no pictures but mine is similar to that of Smakdown's. I put my filter and pump side by side at the quad shock mount spot, from the tank to them I used 8AN flexible braided line and then from the fuel pump all the way forward to the regulator on the firewall I ran 1/2" aluminum then from the regulator to the carb I ran the braided 8AN again. Ran the hard lines the same route also. I did not run the return line though just capped off the spot at the tank.
Todd

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys!
I think the fittings Mike mentioned are what I am going to run, I'll probably run stainless lines the length of the frame except where the tank connects to the pump and filter, then just before the regulator to the EFI unit.
Thanks again!
Ben Smith

·
Junior Charter Member
364 Posts
Can someone point me to a link or give me a part number for the fittings used at the fuel tank pickup and the fuel filter? I'm doing an EFI build using stock Mustang filter and stock Mustang fuel tank.

Thanks,

Jeremy

*Edit*
Found another post where this is covered. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.