Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen conflicting information on this topic...anyone have the truth? Is it a matter of preference?

Got all my fuel fittings and it's time to get to work... ;)

Fuel Line How-To Page

[ June 29, 2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: rlogan ]

·
Senior Charter Member
580 Posts
(1) Are your fittings 45 or 37.5 (2) Most are double flare's on S/S or Steel lines.(3) Aluuminium can be either. A/N fitting work real well when using A/N to A/N fittings.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
784 Posts
-AN fitting are 37 degree and are NOT supposed to be used with tube flare fittings. The are supposed to be used with mating -AN fittings. The SAE 45 degree fittings are to be used in "tube" application.

Phil

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using these parts:

Item# = 023-FCM2005
Description = Aeroquip Adapter Fittings
AN Size: -06; 3/8 Pipe

Item# = 799-660570
Description = Russell Adapter Fittings
-06AN Nut, 3/8'' Tube Size; 2/pkg

Item# = 799-660650
Description = Russell Adapter Fittings
-06AN Nut, 3/8'' Tube Size; 2/pkg

·
Super Moderator
3,701 Posts

Fuel lines are usually, 37 degree single flared. I found this in the part description at Summit:

Flare hard line to 37 degrees only.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,588 Posts
I'm about to do this myself. How do "tube nuts" work?

So where do you get a 37 deg flaring tool?

Thanks,
Pete

·
Super Moderator
3,701 Posts
You slip the nut onto the line, followed by the sleeve. Then you flare the end and your all set. Very easy to do. But, to find a decent 37 degree tool, expect to pay around $75. I bought this Ridgid one from ColonialHardware.com I can track down the part # if your interested.

You can see how the flare in the line matches the face of the adapter - the nut just holds the two togethor very tightly. As I recall, AN stands for Army Navy????? because it's a military spec.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys...just one more tool! :D I could open a shop by the time this is done.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,588 Posts
Hmmm - 15 ft Aeroquip socketless hose, $42.95, AN flaring tool $75...I guess I'll be running hose from the fuel pump to the engine instead of a hard line.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No kidding...unfortunately I already have the parts...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ryan,

I have a 37 degree Rigid flaring tool if you'd like to borrow it. I live in LaVernia only about 25 miles from SA.

Don
FFR2546

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Don,
I may take you up on that...however, I am going to check with one other person before I do. I would like to check out the car some time...
Ryan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts