Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read some of the post about peoples oil lines coming lose and dumping oil out of the engine. was thinking of replacing the rubber lines with an fittings but have no clue as to what to buy. if i get it from summit what should i buy for fittings and hose.

·
Premium Member
18,144 Posts
They are a darn good idea. You need some -10 or -12 hose, and 4 fittings. I prefer Russel swivel fittings, but it's your choice.

There's a fitting that never seems to show up in catalogs, but is very helpfull. Usually, you have a 37* hose end, and an adapter, NPT to AN. But if look for it, you can find a NPT swivel hose end. It's cheaper that way, and only two connections instead of three.

Also, as has been said, you want to avoid the cast alum block and filter adapters. Get quality billit alum pieces, like Canton.

Forte's has a very nice complete kit. Also, you can find a quality kit at Maximum Motorsports.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Jammin1,
I would use braided -10 hose and the Canton filter adapter and mount. I stock all of these parts.
Mike Forte

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
I used Mike's Canton filter adapter, -10 braided hose, and Aeroquip fittings. Very solid setup and it looks cool as hell too.
Raul

·
FFR Driver
2,154 Posts
Assuming you are using J pipe setup, why not use the Explorer 90 degree oil filter adapter and omit the hoses and relocator entirely?

[ October 06, 2004, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: dpmac ]

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Jammin1,

If you are running 4-into-4 headers, the best advice I could give you is scrap the relocator altogether and screw filter directly on motor. That is because you don't need a relocator when using the headers.

With that being said, if you are still going to use a relocator, use the canton stuff with braided lines and an fittings. I bought the motor adapter from Quality (a vendor hear). Their adapter had a hole to locate the mechanical oil temperature sender for my Autometer classic gauges. Mike Forte finished it off for me with the Canton filter billet piece and the lines and fittings:

Here is the block adapter from Quality. You can see the adapter fitting for the sending unit.

There is the billet Canton block from Mike Forte including the 10-AN lines and fittings.

HTH,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts