Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Help! I need to order some AN fittings and hose so I can hook up my oil cooler. I have the FFR supplied oil cooler and an Earls sandwich adaptor with thermostat and AN 10 inlet and outlet. What are the correct description/part numbers for the fittings I need to plumb this? I would prefer black or gray color rather than red and blue, if that matters. Never worked with AN stuff, so I don't know jack....

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Check Summit Racing or Jeg's

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Jeg has black ones. They are cool.

·
Cone Killer
1,781 Posts
Chris,

I think the only additional adapters that I needed were two (2) 90 degree elbows to connect the sandwich thermostat to the oil lines.
Here are some pics of my install. Please excuse the dust (sanding and bodywork)

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Hey Chris:
Before this build I didn't really work with them either.
There are just a few AN adapters you'll need.
You might want to go to a site or get a Summit catalog and get familiar with the names of the components.
It's really not too hard to figure out and with the pictures to guide you ,you'll have it down in no time.
My setup involved usin a 1/2 inch NPT adapter to -10 AN on the Canton oil adapter,then to the -10 braided steel line and then to another 1/2 NPT to -10 adapter for the filter mount.
The oil cooler( Mocal) gets -10 90 degree hose end / with inverted flare.
HTH
Paul M.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Here's what I ordered for mine. These are Mr. Gasket Shadow fittings in black and gray...

F9010: -10 90-degree elbow (2) for oil cooler
S10: -10 straight fitting (2) for sandwhich adapter

Then I'll use the braided -10 hose that comes in the oil cooler kit...

HTH...
Mark

·
6,332 Posts
I'm envious Matt, nice clean (dust notwithstanding) installation. That's how I set out to install mine Saturday but with the Tri-State 4x4's there's no room for the sandwich and a filter. No help from my 90° filter adapter either as the filter hits the pan so I had to revert to the remote filter setup and Canton relocater. The thing that grabs me is that it looks like my last piece of hose will end up being 3" short. If anybody is wondering, you need 13' of -10 to do the job with a remote filter starting at the engine.
Frank

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the picture above the part of metal that holds oil cooler is that something I can buy or do I have to make CAn someone tell me what oil cooler fits best thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.