Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help!!! The Sony amp manuel says there are 2 ways to hook up the amp to radio.

High Level Input Connection
Connect amp useing the radios speaker wire connectors, positive and negative.

OR

Line Input Connection
Connect amp useing the radios RCA line out port to the amps RCA line in port.

It appears that per thedescription "High Level" is the preferred way to connect. But I am not 100% sure.

Does anyone know or have thoughts on this???

·
3,211 Posts
If your head unit has line output connections, they are the most preferable way to connect to the amp. Its a cleaner signal. If you use the speaker leads, you will most probably have to install some sort of converter between the speaker leads and the amp, otherwise you'll get ungodly distortion and possibly blow your speakers.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
601 Posts
Line Input is the way to go.Just make sure that you don't run the RCA's next to any battery cables. You will get Amp whine if you do.

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts
Line input is the only way to go. Then you can adjust the input amplitude on the amp to get the best signal to noise with the least distortion.

·
4,318 Posts
Dan, you should be enjoying NASCAR and not worring about the wiring of that monster Amp, you have so neatly mounted.
If you can't figure it out when you get home, call me, and I'll run over and help.
Enjoy the race :cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
By far low level RCA's they by pass the amp in the radio thus giving you less chance for distortion. Like was also metioned don't run the rca's next to the power wire you will run the risk of picking up engine whin from the alt. if you get a ticking noise you may need to change the spark plug wire or plugs to resistor type plugs good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts