Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the two purple 12 v wires wired directly through my clutch safety switch. I'm a little worried this amount of current will fry thw switch. Do I need to put a relay on this circuit and what rating relay. I have a 30amp automotive relay but I'm not sure if it would fry that too. The purple wire appears to be the main power source feeding the circuit panel. I'm trying to figure this out before I rivet the footbox tops on for good. Thanks.
Raul

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
The purple wire appears to be the main power source feeding the circuit panel.
The wires you want attached to the clutch safety switch are the wire coming from the start terminal of the ignition switch and the wire which goes on the small terminal of the starter relay.

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand. They are one and the same. The purple 12v wire from the positive starter bolt goes into the clutch switch and then to the starter terminal on the ignition.
Raul

·
Daily Driver since 2/03
995 Posts
That wire should only be running enough current to trip the starter solenoid. Just check that purple wire is only used to go from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Losing the circuit kind of defeats the purpose. Not sure if anyone has seen the post over at club cobra from the guy that let someone else start his car and it was in first. Shot into the wall and ripped the front end all up.
Raul

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you use the neutral safety switch on a Tremec using the midshift setup? Someone told me that you can't but not sure if that was correct.
Raul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.