Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the AA wire harness is set up for with regards to the alternator? Is it 1 wire or 2-3 wires? or will it support both?

Thanks.

John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
aaw harness is basically set up to use GM electrics. You can use it with the 2g or 3g altor whatever. It has wire diagrams for most all applications.
It comes with plugs for gm connections but also universal ends to fit most any connection. I used it in my build and had no real problems.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
I used a 3g alternator with the AAW Harness. They sell the plug(S) and they come with the diagrams .Call Donnie or email him at AAW . He can make any jumper harness you could possibly need. Bob

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
I use a 3G and the alt pigtail from PA-Performance, with my AAW harness. There is actually only two wires to connect to the car with the 3G, if you use the pig tail. One is the exciter wire, and the other is the large cable that connects to the battery. PA Performance has "no brainer" instructions, and will answer you questions over the phone, if you don't understand the instructions.
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts