Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
hey Brett,

What's the status of the engine, did you have to pull it out? give us a report on your build !

Many don't know what you are building !
(I Know).

There are some images of Brett's Car in my ALBUMS... let's see if you can find them.

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sergio,

After 3 years, I'm about ready to roll. I had to yank out the 427 and have it completley disassembled / cleaned / rebuilt due to a cam failure. I should be completely done by Christmas.

The body / paint was recently completed by Jeff Miller. He did an incredible job:

[ November 09, 2004, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Redd Snake ]

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
ahhh the BatCave.

Another FFR painted by the Bat... he's got a gazillion painted already.
Beautiful Color, I think I'm doing the same color on "SuperCobra" but still undecided if I should put stripes or not.

Looking forward to seeing your Masterpiece on the road and in Car Show, cruises, soon!

Congrats!

SERGIO
---------------------

·
6,332 Posts
Brett,
Not to confuse things but, on a solid axle car those pieces go in the trunk area by the upper shock mount where the frame protrudes through the sheet metal. Somebody had a picture recently. If I can find it I'll add it on.
Frank

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Now I am confused - on my solid axle MK II car I used them under the dash for the switches.
Frank you mean I made another mistake in my build :D

Really - I am not sure how one would use them on the top of the shocks. My trink aluminum fits nicely around the shock tower top.

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
Yea, I remember them being for the interior under dash switches from the donor

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
no, Frank.

those pieces hold the stock FOX headlight, hazzard switches and also hold the dash steady.

I'm sure Brett is not going to use them as he's doing a non-donor build.

SERGIO
---------------------

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
They are DEFINATELY for under dash support. The square holes are to mount the donor flasher switch and headlights. I did not use mine because I used Mike Everson's underdash filler. I believe most people threw them out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.