Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some aluminum polish that will make cast aluminum, ie. intake, wheels, shine with no haze. I have tried Mother's Billet, California Custom, Black Fire, Adams, Autosol Aluminum. I am not having much luck. My polishing procedure is as follows: 220, 360, 400, 600, 800, 1000 grit. Then buff with brown bar, and finsh with a white bar with buffing wheel. My ultimate goal is to polish my New Foose wheels that look terrible.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Rod

·
Speed-crazed and Confused
2,349 Posts
Did you use the acid etch pre-polish cleaner before the california custom. That stuff works wonders for me. But only if pre-treated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think you are going fine enough for the final sanding. I would go 1500, 2000 and even 2500 before buffing.
I will give that a try. The issue is with the "Cast" aluminum and not mt T6 parts. I purchased a set of Foose Knuckle wheels, the cast version due to cost. The polish job on the wheels is pretty bad. I called the place I purchased them from and they said they have had numerous complaints on their final polish of their Foose wheels. I will have to take a deep breath before I hit them with the sand paper.

Thanks,
Rod

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: Foose Aluminum Wheel Polishing

After much thought I decided to cut the finsh with 2000 then 3000 grit sand paper, buff with a jewler's rouge, white, then pink compounds. I applid no polish to the surface after buffing. This resulted in the finish I was looking for. It took approximately 5-6 hours per wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.