Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think my Mark 2 is the same. Somebody correct me if it's not. Just put mine in today. The "curved" part of the aluminum sheet faces up. The side tab gets riveted to the rear panel and the bottom tab rivets to the steel frame (Bottom of the triangle) I'm challenged when it comes to posting pics. Sorry!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Those parts don't fit right on the MKIII. You have to bend them to fit per FFR, (I called). They said to use a vise grip with a flat nose.

ron

·
Charter Member
85 Posts
Man is this a good question or what. I just finished putting in the rear lower corners and was trying to fit that triangle for about an hour scratching my head like a monkey. Looks like its time to whip out the rubber mallet again, sigh...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
430 Posts
Not sure what you mean, but here's a couple of pics. Hope they help. Jim

·
Charter Member
423 Posts
I don't understand why they (FFR) have not tweeked these parts to get them to fit at least better. The fit sucked on my MKl, sounds like it still does. These panels are "computer" designed, so tweak the darn dimensions and bend angles, three clicks of the mouse and a drawing revision and problem solved. I realize each kit is a little different and fit will vary, but as bad as they are, along with the rear angle of the under door aluminum, this should be an easy fix. Oh well, it's only a $11K kit...

Ron

·
6,654 Posts
Hi all,

I fiddled with my first one for an hour or more and then just decided to cut them. The bottom piece fits below the 1" square tube and will have silicone, metal tape, and carpet over it. It should seal well. The piece you separated has to be flattened very little and fits well when rivitted to the wheel side of the 1" tube. I have my body on so the pictures aren't great but here they are.

HTH!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts