Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed all aluminum and have a large gap in the passenger side footbox around the round tub in the bottom of the footbox. I have some smaller aluminum pieces but it does not look like any of them fit there. Mine is a Mark III. All of my panels fit properly. Anyone else have this problem and if so how did you seal it. It is too LARGE for silicon.

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
I haven't filled mine yet but I believe the consensus is to use some misc aluminum bits you cut to fit yourself (along with tons of silicon).

Of course if you leave them open they make for great drainage when you're unexpectedly out in the elements

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Go to the hardware store and get some aluminum tape. It's a roll of tape that looks like it's make out of very thin aluminum. I used it in a couple of places. I started with a small piece, then overlapped with a increasingly larger pieces. Then, you can take some silicone and get the edge to make it water tight.

That seems to have worked for me...and it's a lot easier than cutting a piece of alum. with the tin snips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.