Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing missing on my car (maybe yours too) is a set of nice door hinges. Sure I could send FFR units out for chroming, but a set of billet aluminum door hinges would be awesome!

Cutting Edge Replicas (they make a very nice Cobra, by the way) makes these but they won't fit an FFR.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Do the FFR hinges offer any added protection on a side impact because they are made of steel. If they do will the aluminum ones offer the same side impact safety?
Tim

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call, Idunno. Not sure how much protection either would afford.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Whats up with e 32grand price for the kit?

Items not included in kit

Complete Engine
Transmission
Shifter Handle
Flywheel, Clutch, Throw out bearing, Bellhousing
Drive line
Rear 8.8 ford center section
Headers
Tires and wheels
Lug Nuts (Bolt on wheels)
Body prep and paint
All fluids
Radiator hoses and clamps
Fuel lines and hoses and clamps
Emergency brake
Battery and cables
Carpet
Seat Belts
Speedo Cable
Misc. Hardware
Misc. Electrical Terminals

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I wish they had a chromed hinge option. Boy does it look good.

·
Junior Charter Member
68 Posts
Originally posted by Lex:
Whats up with e 32grand price for the kit?
Look at the craftsmanship on the suspension pieces alone. I'd say it's worth 32K. Not saying I'd buy one, since none of that stuff will ever be seen, but it's still cool.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
Am wondering if powdercoated would look better than chromed. I am not sure I want my door hinges to draw your eye (come on, we all now our eyes always respond and focus on something shiney). Am thinking pc would give you a great finish - either in black or if possible, something close to body colored.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Double post

[ August 13, 2007, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: J Persons ]

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Here's my chromed hinges just after I got them back from the plater. From what I understand, their billet hinges were patterned after the MK III hinge, and then adapted to their kit. I got both hinges plus the side pipe hangers done for $225.00. Did anyone notice the CER high tech trunk prop rod? John

[ August 13, 2007, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: J Persons ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.