Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a vendor that makes a console.. Last year some point, I think someone was making them. Im looking to mount my radio !

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Tri-States has one for $50

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Both Tri-States and Whitbys sell them. They both have links on the vendor page.
John

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
If you are tall (read over 6") rethink the console thing. I have one and am seriously thinking of taking it out and redoing the dash altogether. the console really restricts the space in your cockpit IMHO. Here's a pic for the record:

I have sat in other FFR's and determined that one of the main reasons I feel excessively cramped in mine is that I am not able to relax my right leg on the tunnel. Just thought I would share with you in case you have not considered this. BTW, I also have a stereo and I have it mounted all in the trunk and control with a marine remote:

As you can see the head unit is mounted on the frame via a homemade bracket.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Originally posted by Smackdown Hotel:
If you are tall (read over 6") rethink the console thing. I have one and am seriously thinking of taking it out and redoing the dash altogether. the console really restricts the space in your cockpit IMHO. Here's a pic for the record:

I have sat in other FFR's and determined that one of the main reasons I feel excessively cramped in mine is that I am not able to relax my right leg on the tunnel. Just thought I would share with you in case you have not considered this.
An excellent and interesting point. I am 6'2" and so I will have to think about this. I have only sat in one roadster, and it had a homemade center console. I will have to try sitting in mine before I install the console and make sure that I do not mind the cabin intrusion.

Second, to the other posters who let me know where to find the consoles, thank you!

·
6,559 Posts
I agree. I'm 6'3" and couldn't imagine not having that little cavity to stuff in my right knee.

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads up.... Im 6' so I might be ok !

·
3,217 Posts
I'm 6' and the Tri-States console doesn't bother me at all.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
My console

Plywood with madrone veneer and resin coated.

As you see the console does not go all the way across. I wasn't thinking about space, but this solves the problem. Mine was made like that because I already had A/C controls mounted under the dash.

PS: Wires no longer hang out from under the dash :D :D

[ December 18, 2006, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: sgspeed ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
7,022 Posts
HA HA, I am 5'4", no problem for me.
Wait I am 5'4" :(
Anyway I am going to make my own, it can't be that hard. Another winter project.

John

·
Senior Charter Member
198 Posts
Whitby also.

·
1,648 Posts
Dave

They are pretty easy to make.Just start by making a construction paper one to figure out the angles you want. I do find my self resting my left knee on it. You'll see mine when we link up for a cruise.

Brian

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brian,
I might try and fab my own... but then again for 50 bucks i can be done with it ! lol

I hope we can get a few more rides in before the snow starts to fly !

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
SJspeed,

How easy is it to reach the e-brake handle located on the trans tunnel with the console in place? Len

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.