Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am running a 351W, 400HP motor with 400ft/lbs of torque with a TKO 600. I have the stock mustang plastic clutch quadrant on the pedal box right now. Is it worth it to go out and buy the aftermarket aluminum clutch quadrant for this set up???

Thanks Crew!!!
Steven

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Nope - but the aluminum gives you "adjustability" of the pedal height if you buy an adjuster with it (see Mike Forte (vendor) and is sturdier.

Also agree with Russ.

A good idea is to make a "maintenance port" in your footbox lid so you can get in there if necessary once the car is done.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had to make a maint. port to move the brake pedal rod from the power steering hole to the manual brake hole. I do have the alum clutch quadrant. It's such a pain to get into that area. So far I changed out the gas pedal, tweaked how the gas linkage works, bent and moved over the clutch and brake pedals, had to change bolts that hold the MC on, and am now getting ready to install an adjustable brake MC rod. This was all done after the car was together. If I were in the build processlike you, I'd do almost anything to keep from having problems in that area. Put in the aftermarket clutch quadrant! That's about the only thing I haven't had to fool with. Save yourself some grief later on, do all this stuff ahead of time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
From what I've read on the Stang forums, the best reasons to go with an aluminum quadrant is:

Adjustability

Strength

If you're gonna use a suped up mega clutch, the plastic quarant will give out sooner or later. And doesn't the one that Mr. Forte sells come with an adjuster that can be gotten to from inside the ride?

TimBoothe

·
Caress of Steel
2,129 Posts
$50-70 for an aluminum part now, or $1000 worth of anguish, pain, and discontent when you have to replace a cracked plastic one later.

Your choice.

·
16,719 Posts
We have the quadrant kits for $50.00. Includes the replacement quadrant, and firewall cable adjuster.

Actually I bought one of these from Mike a few years ago for my 1986 Mustang SVO. That's how I found out about Mike and all the parts he had......And now I work here. Small world eh?

Give me a call.

Paul
Forte's Parts Connection
781-273-9900

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
144 Posts
airforceone,
I did all that stuff on a finished car as well. I tell you it was probably in the top five of painfull events in my life. I'am just happy to know that there are others who have survived it.
arizona

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trust me it's worth the extra $50.
Mine was fine for a while also. But one day POW, the car leaps forward and cuts off. $100 tow home and wait four days for a $50 part. Then the most painfull install you can imagine. Upside down in that tiny footbox, feet in the air trying to snake your hands around all that crap to get the old adjuster out and the new one in.
PAY THE $50. It's a deal at $250.

Brad

·
Charter Member
926 Posts
Buy it now. Better safe now than sorry later. It is worth it. $50.00 investment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts