Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in contact with the factory that we get our Alum radiators from and am seriously considering having a special rad made up for us.
Curruntly we are buying a stock rad and having the filler neck removed and changing the angle of the upper hose.
I have several changes to make such as adding a petcock and slightly changing the angle of the upper hose and roll beading the hose end. Does anyone have an other suggestion or other changes they would like to see from our alum rads?

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
I would like the option of getting 16AN male bungs welded on to use braided SSTL hose in lieu of the stock hose. Just more "showman" looking. I talked with Be-Cool radiator, and they want $700 for such a radiator.

Keith

[ August 08, 2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
American Street Rod in Sacremento, CA sells such fittings. Website attached.

Thanks

American Street Rod

BTW - will this radiator be able to cool my 700 hp monster BB?

Keith

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Mike
Have been considering your radiator. Can it be painted or anodized black. I don't care for the bare metal look
Thanks
TEC

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
Mike -

Definitely, I've just had your rad modified to add a drain tap and roll beads into the tubes, these would be great to have done already.

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Maybe get custom rad hoses molded. No really part of the radiator, but it would be cool not to have all the hose clamps on the extender pieces and would surely be cheaper than braided.

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
Aaron-

You're right about the cost of AN fittings and braided SSTL for the cooling system.

Each 16AN fitting is $45 (4 required) and the braided SSTL hose is $64 for 6 ft.

But you can't beat the look of this setup.

Keith

·
Registered
554 Posts
Not sure if this should be a mod, but at least look into potential fitment issues. On my Griffen, the side tanks are just large enough to prevent any horizonatal adjustment. The side tanks hit the diagonal 3/4" tubes going down to the quick jacks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That's a great idea. If you get a picture, let us know and we'll feature it on the front page to help you drum up some orders. I know it must be expensive to make cool stuff like this, so we'll do what we can to keep the cool parts coming for our little hobby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts