Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Alum Q - What am I Missing

415 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  MrJeffreyB 
#1 ·
Okay, I got this far in the build but I'm stumped now. Where exactly do these pieces go, how should they be positioned and how will they improve the look? Thanks in advance.

P.S. - No laughing at the sidepipes. They were to get through inspection...

See less See more
#2 ·
My under-the-door pieces looked entirely different(also a Mk III). No idea what those are for? :confused:
Baron

#4 ·
If you want to use those, you have to bend them yourself and trim them slightly...

The later Mk III came with a pre-bent and cut panel that fits much better...

HTH...
Mark

#5 ·
They go the other way round, wavy side next to body. Press on large bulb seal and they actually almost fit.

#6 ·
I called FFR about those and they sent me some new style parts that are designed to actually fit.

Greg

#7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to call FFR to see if I can get the newer style parts.

#8 ·
The new style fit perfect. Only thing I needed to do was trim to lenth,otherwise they go right in. The manual only shows the older style but once you have the new ones in hand it will be apperent how they fit.

#9 ·
Heat shields for the BBQ your going to have at the build party.... Bob

#11 ·
Off topic on my own post...

Iggy, I apologize. You are right. Those pipes are a thing of beauty. They got me through CT inspection and that makes them the most beautiful thing on my car as far as I'm concerned. ;)

I will continue to hold them and watch for then next person that needs them. I would be more than happy to help defray the cost if you want to replace the shields. It's the least I could do for the use of them. Let me know if/when you are ready. My GAS-N pipes are going on in the next two weeks. Thanks again for the use of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.